Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

6 babies

One thing I love about coming to my parents house is that they have cable. Isn't that funny! I could watch TLC and Discovery Health all day long if I had the time, and unfortunately I do that here and end up staying up way too late! I was up past midnight last night watching a show on TLC about a family that has 8 kids. That doesn't sound like too big of a deal, except that the first two came at the same time and so did the last six. SIX BABIES at one time! OH MY GOSH! On they show they were all the same age as Little Boy and I kept thinking about how sometimes just him wears me down and she has six of them.

They were so organized (she was at least and he just followed in line!) and took everything in stride. Isn't that just how life is for us. Sometimes we get more than we can handle and all we can do is just live life one day at a time. She said that she could get very stressed out if she thought about 6 preschool kids, or 6 middle schoolers, or 6 kids driving, but instead she focuses on today. What more can you do. I think I could learn a lot from her.

Today I will focus on today.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Very nicely put! I admit to loving the idea of more children. If money were not an issue (house cleaning at least weekly)...I would totally have more...ONLY ADOPTED ONES THOUGH! Miss ya!

NationalParkMama said...

God bless that woman, whoa! LOL. PS the family picture of you guys at the top of your blog is so precious. There's just sheer/pure joy on your faces. Congrats on your lovely family!

Unknown said...

i saw that!!! yeah- i am overwhelmed most of the time...i need to chill out.