Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Random things.

Here are a few random things I would like to talk about today:

1. Ash Wed was yesterday and I didn't even know it until half way through the day. I found a blogger who wrote about Lent. Here it is: Lacey and Ginger. Also check out this site on Wilkipedia about Lent.

2. A person made a comment on my last post about Ash Wed and Lent that explains a lot. Check out the comments section under that post.

3. I have decided what I will give up for lent - the Internet (except for emails and blogging - but i will not be reading blogs) I will also give up Diet Coke. Wow, I can't believe I just said that. I think that the Diet Coke will be harder than the Internet! I had my last diet coke today and just read the blogs I subscribed to. So, hopefully after 40 days of no diet coke I can give it up for good, and I will have much more time for other stuff since I won't be reading any blogs.

4. I have been thinking a lot about Lent and Ash Wed and I wish that this was a more common practice among people other than Catholics. I think it is a great season to reflect on what Christ did for us when he died on a cross for our sins. Just as Lacey said in her blog, I think we all need to be reminded of the gift that God gave us. We can tend to slack, and hopefully I will be reflecting daily on this gift and will not easily forget the free gift of salvation and freedom that God has granted me through his son, Jesus Christ.

5. I recently finished SHEPHERDING A CHILD'S HEART by Ted Tripp and enjoyed it. I recommend it and Aaron and I will take the book and it's suggestions and mold it to fit our family. One thing that I am going to try to much harder to do is to require first time obedience from my children. YES, I do want that, but it is hard and takes lots of work. So, I will begin working on my children and their obedience.

6. I am now on to a book that Aaron recently finished and is highly recommending me to read - THE SECRET MESSAGE OF JESUS by Brian D. McLaren - I'll keep you updated as I go.

7. MY knew hurts so badly that I am not running today or tomorrow. UGH!

So, I pray that God will too move in you to remind you daily of the love that he has for you and the over pouring of blessings that he bestows upon us. Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice, and thank you God for pursuing me even when I was wondering and feeling as though I knew it all. I pray that over these days of sacrifice that I will reflect daily on the gifts you have blessed me with.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I love your blog. So I will be keeping up with you via your comments section. I will miss your input on my comments section so I will be sad not to have your insight...but it is a great time of reflection. I just want you to know you are appreciated.