Pages

Monday, May 14, 2007

Shrek

Big Boy wasn't sleeping today so to keep him from waking up his brother I allowed him to lay on the couch and watch SHREK, that I had on TIVO from the other day, while I cleaned bathrooms.

I would come in when I heard a commercial so I could fast forward since I'm not really into my three year old being subjected to commercials that at any moment could have something inappropriate for a three year old.

So, as I was sitting here after one commercial I started watching the movie with him. It is super cute and I hadn't seen it since it came out. As I was watching I heard "shut-up" three times, "butt" once and "a**" once too. I know that it was clearly referring to the donkey as an a**, but still not appropriate for my 3 year old.

So, I convinced him that after he killed the dragon and got the princess out the movie was over. I can't believe that he heard these words, and hope that he didn't really "hear" them. Wow, I had no idea that a movie would have a** in it that was PG.

This is why I stick to what is on our TIVO for the kids to watch. NO commercials and I regulate what they see, which is mostly recorded off of PBS.

Okay, now that Clifford is on I'm back to cleaning the bathroom! I think I'd rather watch Clifford!!!

No comments: